INFRASTRUCTURE ENHANCEMENT FOR MAINTENANCE, REPAIR AND OVERHAUL ACTIVITIES
- Known as Command Control Repair Overhaul Location 07.
- Control 07 is a new building facility at Loc. 07 Boustead Naval Shipyard (BNS) which is designed to support Maintenance Repair & Overhaul (MRO) and R&D activities for Command & Control System.
Facility consists of:
- Command/Combat System Integration Room (CSIR) & Software Maintenance and Diagnosis Terminal (SMADT)
- Hardware Investigation, Survey and Rectification Room (HISTAR)
- Sensor Effector Data Interface Room (SEDA)
- Document Control Centre (DCC)
- CMS Consignment Room
- Preservation Area
CSIR & SMADT
Command/Combat System Integration (CSIR)
- To perform integration activities of different type of CMS which include hardware and software integration and testing respective to type of CMS. (e.g. System component installation and integration, testing etc.)
- System integration and testing with external equipment using dedicated Functional Test Equipment facilities.
Software Maintenance and Diagnosis Terminal (SMADT)
- To perform activity to load software and firmware in the CMS.
- To monitor the functionality of the loaded software and firmware in the system.
- To check software stability, to conduct debugging activity and software configuration.
- To perform software maintenance and software patching.
Hardware Investigation, Survey, Troubleshoot and Rectification Room (HISTAR)
- To perform hardware diagnosis and rectification activities of electronic PCBs and modules for CMS COSYS components.
Sensor Effector Data Interface Room (SEDA)
- Functional Test Equipment (FTE) for simulating sensor and effector for verify the functionality of CMS COSYS.
- Future extension to FTE simulator to support new CMS sensor and effector equipment configuration.